Get experimental with your favourite Indian flavours on a pizza! Our Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce is a great alternative to the classic ‘passata’ tomato style sauce. Whether you’re sharing with friends, or cooking with the family, this recipe is fun and flavoursome.
We’ve made our own pizza base for this recipe, but shop-bought would also work well.
For the dough:
400g plain flour
7g fast-action dried yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp caster sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp semolina
For the topping:
1 Kohinoor Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
300g cooked chicken, shredded
1 red onion, thinly sliced
75g mozzarella cheese, grated
Flaked almonds to serve
Fresh coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C and place in 2 baking trays to get hot
- Mix together the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Make a well i the centre and add the oil with 225ml water.
- When a dough forms, turn out of the bowl and knead on a floured surface for 1 minute, until the dough is smooth.
- Leave to rest whilst for 5-10 minutes
- Split the dough in half and roll out to 25cm wide circle.
- On a large square of baking paper, sprinkle on half the semolina and place the dough on top. Stretch out the dough with your fingers by pushing it, leaving a slightly thicker outside for the crust.
- Repeat this with the remaining dough, giving you two pizzas.
- Add a generous helping of Kohinoor Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce to the pizza bases and use the back of spoon to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella, chicken, and slices of red onion to the pizzas.
- Leave the pizzas to rest again for another 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the pizzas (with the baking paper) to the hot trays in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the base is golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle with almonds and coriander and serve!
Kohinoor Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
A mild and rich blend of tomato, dry fenugreek, and garlic.